Plate engraved in 1880 by J.-B. Danguin (1823-1894) after a 15th century painting by A. Mantegna Etching and chisel on copper, H. 56 L. 76 cm Print from the original plate belonging to the Collection of the Chalcography of the Louvre, inv. 485 Before the invention of photography and good-quality printing processes, the so-called "interpretive print" was the only means of disseminating the masterpieces of the Louvre Museum to a wide audience. Print made for the exhibition of the Louvre, Albrecht Altdorfer. Master of the German Renaissance.